13 August, 2012

Reformating

Wow. It's been awhile!  I see that there have been a comment or two (TWO, actually, IIRC) and there's a lot of updating needed - new teams based on 2011 stats have been figured out, but the blog is not yet updated and 2012 will be over before you know it!

But I've just discovered a new sharing tool that the good folks over at baseball-reference.com now offer. It should make updating these teams to include stats a snap. Sadly, I'm going to lose the 'grey ink' content, but hey: Better that than not having ANYTHING, right?

They've also re-done how they calculate WAR. So, once I understand it a little better, there may be some changes base don that, IF I feel they're necessary. (Good changes.) (I was fine with the OLD way. LOL)

So I'm going to mess around with it a bit. I should be able to have a TON of stats posted in short order, and then I only need to worry about updating player pictures.

Apologies for being away so long!  I'll see if I can't stick around this time!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment