06 February, 2011

Cool Babe Ruth mosaic

I was looking some baseball card pictures to out with some of the teams, iconic ones like the Honus Wagner, or the '52 Mantle, when I found this really cool mosaic of Babe Ruth:




This picture of Ruth is made up entirely of Yankee Baseball Cards. It hangs between the first and second floor of the ESPN Zone in Times Square.

I'm not sure if this was done by the same artist but, as I was looking for more information about it, I came across some stories about Rich Cronin, who had an autistic son who passed away in 2002 (I have two sons with autism myself) and now does artwork like this for various charities to raise awareness and money for autism related research. He's done several of these, though I could only find his version of the same picture of Ruth, though from the youtube video I don't think it's the same piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment